Welcome to Phi Alpha Theta Beta Iota Chapter
Phi Alpha Theta is the History Honor Society of over 350,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professors of history nationwide. Our mission is to promote the study of history through encouraging research, teaching, publication, and the exchange of learning and ideas among historians.
Reasons to join Phi Alpha Theta
Benefits for BYU
- Be eligible to compete for scholarships and paper prizes.
- A year's subscription to The Historian, a distinguished quarterly journal, with your membership fee.
- Opportunities to help edit The Thetean, our chapter's student research journal.
- Submit your best paper for possible publication in The Thetean.
- Enjoy social activities with history students and professors.
- Field trips to historic sites and archives in Utah.
- Get on the program at history conferences and national meetings.
- Meet other Utah college students at the spring regional conference.
- Add membership in the society to your resume.
- Opportunities to get involved in your history department.
- Lifetime membership
- Eligible for National Scholarships and Awards
- One year subscription to The Historian, a distinguished quarterly journal
- Present research at both the regional and national levels
- Looks great on a resume!
How to Join BYU Phi Alpha Theta Beta Iota
- Sign up at clubs.byu.edu
How to Join National Phi Alpha Theta
- You need to have taken at least 12 credit hours of history, and you must have a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Fill out an application and submit it to the History Department along with a $50.00 Lifetime Membership fee.