Top Ten Reasons to do a History Internship
1. Gain real-world work experience.
2. Earn up to 6 hours of academic credit toward your major electives.
3. Build your résumé and increase your job marketability after graduation.
4. Discover new career options and professional programs within the history field.
5. Become more competitive for graduate schools.
6. Open up new career opportunities through networking.
7. Increase your familiarity with primary source research.
8. Extend your knowledge beyond the classroom.
9. Learn about the real-world problems facing history professionals today.
10. Develop new skills and cultivate professional work habits.
For more information on the benefits of internships and how to get the most out of your internship experience, visit some of these articles: