DEPARTMENT OF HISTORY SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION
DEADLINE: MARCH 1
What scholarships are available? (All awards cover full tuition for one or two semesters.)
You can apply for all of the scholarships using this application, but you will only be considered for the scholarships for which you qualify.
- James B. Allen Scholarship in History (GPA 3.3 or higher). Candidates will be judged on academic merit, character, leadership, financial need, and the role they envision history playing in their lives.
- Arthur Becker Endowed Scholarship (emphasis on American Civil War; financial need)
- Mark Earl Brotherson Memorial Scholarship (GPA 3.3 or higher; financial need)
- Ignacio M. Garcia Scholarship for Indigenous and Students of Color (awarded each year to a full-time BYU day student in the History, History Teaching, or Family History majors who comes from [and identifies as a member of] an under-represented ethnic group at BYU. Candidates will be judged upon their academic merit, character, leadership, financial need, and the role they envision history playing in their lives based upon a one page essay describing the applicant’s background and future education goals)
- William Ingersoll Scholarship (GPA 3.0 or higher, Family History major). This is a full-tuition scholarship for both Fall and Winter semesters.
- De Lamar and Mary W. Jensen Scholarship in Early Modern European History (emphasis on 15th-18th Century European History; financial need)
- Mary Kathleen McKay Scholarship (GPA 3.0 or higher, Family History major and employee at the Center for Family History and Genealogy). This is a full-tuition scholarship for both Fall and Winter semesters.
- William J. Snow Award for Excellence in Western American or Mormon History (senior with an emphasis in Western American or Mormon History; applicants must submit a writing sample such as a research paper)
Who should apply?
Full-time undergraduate students who have declared a history, family history, or history teaching major. Previous scholarship recipients are invited to reapply.
Who should not apply?
Part-time students may not apply. Scholarships require full-time status.
Call (801) 422-4335 or email firstname.lastname@example.org