Deadline: March 1
What scholarships are available? (All awards cover full tuition for one or two semesters.)
You can apply for all of the scholarships using this application, but you will only be considered for the scholarships for which you qualify.
- James B. Allen Scholarship in History (GPA 3.3 or higher). Candidates will be judged on academic merit, character, leadership, financial need, and the role they envision history playing in their lives.
- Arthur Becker Endowed Scholarship (emphasis on American Civil War; financial need)
- Mark Earl Brotherson Memorial Scholarship (GPA 3.3 or higher; financial need)
- Ignacio M. Garcia Scholarship for Indigenous and Students of Color (awarded each year to a full-time BYU day student in the History, History Teaching, or Family History majors who comes from [and identifies as a member of] an under-represented ethnic group at BYU. Candidates will be judged upon their academic merit, character, leadership, financial need, and the role they envision history playing in their lives based upon a one page essay describing the applicant’s background and future education goals)
- William and Loraine Ingersoll Scholarship (GPA 3.0 or higher, Family History major) This is a full-tuition scholarship awarded annually.
- De Lamar and Mary W. Jensen Scholarship in Early Modern European History (emphasis on 15th-18th Century European History; financial need)
- Mary Kathleen McKay Scholarship (GPA 3.0 or higher, Family History major and current employee of the Center for Family History and Genealogy) This is a full-tuition scholarship awarded biannually in even years (e.g. 2020-2021).
- Catherine Claire Robinson Student Teaching Award (awarded to one or more selected students who are pursuing a degree in History Teaching or Social Science Teaching and who have financial need, but not necessarily based upon any raking of such need. Those receiving the award are eligible in more than one academic year).
- William J. Snow Award for Excellence in Western American or Latter-day Saint History (senior with an emphasis in Western American or Latter-day Saint History; applicants must submit a writing sample such as a research paper)
- Mary Ruth Cannon Spencer Scholarship (GPA 3.0 or higher, Family History major; financial need) This scholarship is a full-tuition scholarship awarded annually.
- Ted J. and Doris Warner Scholarship (For selected students pursuing a degree in the Department of History with preference given to students with financial need).
Who should apply?
Full-time undergraduate students who have declared a history, family history, or history teaching major. Previous scholarship recipients are invited to reapply.
Who should not apply?
Part-time students may not apply. Scholarships require full-time status.
Call (801) 422-1654 or email firstname.lastname@example.org