Jeffery D Nokes is an assistant professor in the History Department at Brigham Young University. He has a PhD in teaching and learning from the University of Utah, with an emphasis on literacy in secondary social studies classrooms. A former middle school and high school teacher, his research focuses on history teaching and learning. He is the author of Building Students’ Historical Literacies: Learning to Read and Reason with Historical /Content/Images/Faculty/.jpgs and Evidence and has published several journal articles and book chapters on the topic of historical literacy, literacy instruction, and teacher preparation.
- Hist 200: The Historians' Craft
- Hist 201: Early World Civilizations
- Hist 397: Building Literacies in U.S. History
- Hist 477: Methods of Teaching History and Social Studies
- Hist 478: Teaching Practicum in History and Social Studies
- Secondary Education 276: Explorations of Teaching History and Social Studies