Background Check and Fingerprinting
Please refer to the McKay School of Education’s Advisement Center for any other specific information that you can’t find on this page.
McKay School of Education Advisement Center
350 MKB | 801-422-3426
In order to gain admission to either teaching major, you will need to complete a background and fingerprinting check. The fingerprinting process will cost $10 for BYU students.
Follow the Fingerprint Background Clearance Steps closely.
Applying for Fingerprinting through Educator
- Create an EDUCATOR account at https://educator.byu.edu
- Select "Start A New Admissions Application" or "Start A New Fingerprint Application" (If applying for Fingerprints only)
- Complete the steps as instructed and submit.
To complete the fingerprinting process, you will need to visit the Education Advisement Center (350 MKB).
- Visit the EAC or another LiveScan site
- Bring photo ID (student card or government-issued ID)
- Bring Social Security Card