GPA and Test Requirements
There are specific GPA and testing requirements for teaching majors and minors. You need to adhere to these requirements in order to progress in the programs. If you have questions or concerns about your academic progression or GPA, contact Andrew Roberts or Dr. Kesler-Lund.
- You need at least a 2.7 GPA to apply for the teaching majors.
- You must earn a C grade in all of your teaching major and minor courses.
- You will need to retake any teaching major or minor course in which you earn below a C.
- A C- grade is below a C.
- You must have a 3.0 GPA in order to apply for (and complete) student teaching or internship.
- All major and minor coursework for the teaching programs must be successfully completed (with a C or higher) before student teaching or internship.
You must have a Writing score from either the ACT, SAT, or PRAXIS in order to be admitted to the major. If you did not complete or submit ACT or SAT writing scores for admittance to BYU, you can complete the PRAXIS Writing exam: Core Academic Skills for Educators: Writing (5723). There is a $90 fee for the PRAXIS Writing exam. For more information on PRAXIS, visit the Education Advisement Center (EAC) at: https://education.byu.edu/advisement.